Sunday, February 7, 2010

Crocheting

About a year ago I followed a few workshops with Veerle from www.nevousinstallezpas.be at the MIAT (Museum Industrial Archeology) in Gent. She is a real crochetqueen to me and makes very very very beautifull things.  She introduced us in the world of a crochet needle (a very thin one) and very thin tread to make jewelry.  I immediately fel for this technique.
I started to crochet jewelry and here are some pictures of the things I made last year.

I still had one necklace that was waiting to get to finished.  Finally after about 10 months I did; and this is the result.  I combined it with a piece of selfmade Bronze and crochet hoops.

7 comments:

JuanitaTortilla said...

These are very, very fine work! I wonder if you need special glasses to crochet such skinny threads?

Very lovely work, as always!

Michela said...

Stunning! The coloured one is just beautiful!

Kirsten said...

So unique and charming! Love them!!

esque said...

Wow wow! I love the textures and colors of all these! Well done!

Veerle said...

Wijs om het eens allemaal samen te zien.
Binnenkort ontvang ik een nieuwe bende in het Miat ;-)

Kate said...

All of these are fantastic! I have never seen jewelery like it. Gorgeous!

Olivia said...

This is beautiful, perfect and I love the colours you've used.
Do you find crochet like this takes for ever? I'm still quite slow.